Characters: Combo and Beat
Series: Jet Set Radio
I MADE IT, I FINALLY FOUND MY 2012 COSPLAY
7 Reasons Why You Should Be Listening To Macklemore If You Aren’t Already:
- He’s sees himself as an artist, and is clearly changing the way people think about rap as an art form.
- He’s a Seattle boy. ‘Nuff said.
- Instead of rapping about ‘niggas’, ‘making it rain on strippers’, and ‘the thug life’, his songs talk about the struggle of being an independent artist, legalizing gay marriage, anti-consumerism, and overcoming an alcohol addiction.
- When you listen to his songs, it sounds like he’s speaking to you. Not screaming or throwing around incessant slurs, but like he’s right there talking to you about his life. His raw vulnerability is overwhelming and powerful.
- He’s a heartfelt and multidimensional performer, putting out tracks that are both serious (“Same Love”, “Neon Cathedral”, “Starting Over”) and fun (“Thrift Shop”, “And We Danced”).
- He basically said ’screw it’ to the man and chose to handle the business side of his music the way that he wanted to. He ended up creating his own independent record label with his buddy Ryan Lewis, aka the super badass music producer that created the seriously sick beats on their album The Heist.
- He is an inspiration to artists everywhere, and living proof that if you want to create your own work and are willing to work your butt off, you will succeed.
I am struck with option paralysis as to which one of these points I should laugh the hardest at oh my fucking god
the very first line of that one song is him talking about his “big cock”
Yeah but there’s an artist who does almost all of these things better than him
honestly fuck macklemore and fuck anyone who sees him as some sort of ‘savior of hip hop’ get lost
Jesus dude, Are you serious? He’s not a savior to hip hop, now this pisses me off. He’s an OK RAPPER and there’s plenty that have done what he does.